Family Practice Associates, P.C. is one of sixteen Colorado family medicine practices chosen to participate in the Multi-Stakeholder, Multi-State, Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Pilot Project. The PCMH is not a place but an approach to providing continuous, comprehensive, coordinated care for children, youth and adults.
The PCMH is a health care setting that facilitates partnerships between individual patients and their personal physicians and when appropriate, the patient’s family.
PCMH incorporates the characteristics associated with better outcomes and lower costs.
- Every patient has a personal physician.
- Care is provided by a physician-directed team that collectively cares for the patient.
- Personal physician is responsible for providing for all patients’ needs or arranging and coordinating services to be provided by others, ensuring continuity of care for each patient.
- Pro-active with self-management support: encouraging patients to be well-informed and be in charge of their own health.
- Quality and safety are hallmarks.
- Compassionate, patient-centered care.
- Evidence-based medicine and clinical decision supports.
- Participation in continuous quality improvement and voluntary performance measurement.
- Patients actively participate in decision-making and provide feedback.
- Information technology is utilized to support care delivery.
- Practices participate in a voluntary recognition process.
- Expanded hours and open scheduling: Open during lunch hours, with 24/7 access to on-call physicians.